Tuesday, September 30, 2008

zorro and the pimp - 100 drawings in 100 days


ok, i think i might officially be over my artist's block. after i wrote my last post, i became very inspired - funny how that works!
while i was toying with the idea of the canary, i was trying hard to think of what i could add to him to make him more interesting: a hat, a stripe, a suit? then it hit me, that he needed to be in black and white stripes, like a convict. but, that evolved into a poncho, with the black mask and the zorro-esque hat... and bingo!
then i had to draw an otter - my favorite animal, besides my cat atticus finch. i've always loved the playfulness of otters, although this one looks more like a bouncer at the circus than a fun-loving water-splasher! these two are called "zorro the canary" and "buster".

No comments:

so, how do you feel since reading this blog?