Tuesday, September 16, 2008

sydney street snakes - 100 drawings in 100 days


yesterday morning, my neighbor and i were talking about my spider bite (white-tail spider - very nasty, and very painful), when he told me about the snake on my sidewalk, a carpet snake i think...


now, thank goodness it was dead, because this snake was BIG, 7 feet long, big. it was too big to have been hanging around in a city suburb, and definitely too big to have been hanging around in MY yard in this city suburb!!! it makes me wonder if it didn't belong to someone and it had escaped... anyway, it had died somehow, so i drew it. he was very beautiful, had gorgeous markings in the most lovely olives and browns with cream. i've only been so close to a snake once before, and they were pythons too, but these two were babies, and albinos at that! just lovely!


so, here we have "sydney street snake" and "mr. snake on sydney street".

1 comment:

Terry's Musings and Art said...

Aside from my accidental temptation of the carpet snake in the animal sanctuary. Then there was that one in the tree by your mom's unit on the beach.....

so, how do you feel since reading this blog?