Tuesday, August 5, 2008

all caught up - 100 drawings in 100 days




ok, i'm actually all caught up on my drawings from the weekend. i have realized several things about this endeavour - it is not going to do itself; i can't quit because i told all of you that i would do it; i can't quit because i said it out loud to myself; i can't quit because i don't want to; and i have to start a routine!! so today, it was the first thing i did, after coffee.
here we have "cinema eye", "a brand new bra", and "hail mary, patron saint of artists". they're all pretty goofy, but i find myself looking at everything differently - instead of just "looking" at my surroundings, i find myself "seeing" it, and i observe it as if i were placing it on the paper in my mind - would it work? would it make a good composition? how could i add or subtract to make it more interesting? all of these questions and more are now popping into my mind as i walk along the river, drive to work, or look at a magazine, etc.
i took a photo of a man's briefcase, shoe and leg while i was on the ferry yesterday - it's a great composition, and more interesting than you would think, so i will be drawing that, no doubt, in the not-too-distant future!

No comments:

so, how do you feel since reading this blog?