Thursday, July 17, 2008

about becoming business savvy...

i am reading alyson stanfield's "i'd rather be in the studio". i've just started, but would like to write out some of my responses, and seeing as how i might be inclined to lose said scratch-pad, i thought it might be of benefit to blog it...

about sticking your neck out
i think the fear of success is greater than the fear of failure in my art career. however, having said that, i still do imagine a successful art career as being a most treasured goal. i want it more than i can say, but it does scare me a little.
the worst thing that can happen is that i stay exactly where i am now, which is not that bad. i'll just have to rent for the rest of my life....
the best thing that could happen is that i am a household name - like andy warhol, or picasso, or da vinci; i would be able to hire people in my own gallery while i am travelling around the world, gaining inspiration for the next series of fabulous sell-out paintings! the best thing is that i could live the life i dream about.
is it worth sticking my neck out? i think so. don't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

deShan - I cam to the realisation quite a while ago that if you want to get somewhere in life you have to bite off more than you can chew - and then chew like hell!!

so, how do you feel since reading this blog?